After our open call for startups to apply and pitch to top global investors at Demo Day Asia—taking place this September in Shanghai—we received hundreds of submissions. They came from founders from every corner of Asia-Pacific, across industries as diverse as agriculture, entertainment, and healthcare.
FreightExchange from Australia connects Australian shippers and carriers with their online platform.
While difficult to narrow down this impressive field, after painstaking deliberation, the results are finally in. Out of 305 qualifying applications, the 10 finalists that will take the final stage at Demo Day Asia are... (drum-roll!):
- DycodeX from Indonesia develops Internet of Things solutions for livestock farming
- FreightExchange from Australia is an online platform for freight carriers to sell their unused space to shippers.
- GITAI from Japan specializes in building robots that can help humans conduct scientific experiments in space.
- Marham from Pakistan is a healthcare platform that helps people search, book appointments, and consult with doctors online.
- Miotech from China is a fintech startup developing artificial intelligence-based software for financial services firms.
- OneStockHome from Thailand offers an e-commerce platform for construction materials.
- Origami Labs from Hong Kong makes smart rings that allow people to hear and send text messages without taking out their phones.
- SigTuple from India creates AI-based solutions to automate healthcare screening.
- SkyMagic from Singapore produces drone swarming technology for live entertainment and traffic management systems.
- Swingvy from Korea provides human resources solutions for businesses
We’re proud that several of these companies belong to organisations that are a part of the Google for Entrepreneurs partner network, a community of over 35 member spaces globally and programs supporting startups. They include startups from Kibar in Indonesia, Fishburners in Australia, Hubba in Thailand, and Found in Singapore.
SkyMagic from Singapore works on drone technology for live entertainment and traffic management systems.
Congratulations to these outstanding startups and their founders! They will pitch to a distinguished panel of leaders from Google for Entrepreneurs, Sequoia Capital China, and Venturra Capital on September 20th in Shanghai. The startups that impress could come home with funding from investors and up to $100,000 in Google Cloud Platform credits. Most importantly, we hope these incredible startups blaze a path forward for other founders and continue to improve the lives of others with their innovative products. Good luck in Shanghai!