#YouTubeRewind 2015: Canada’s top trending videos
The awakening of the Force after 10 long years, a much-anticipated Hello from an old musical friend, and the question on everyone’s mind -- these were some of the YouTube moments that captivated Canadians in 2015. We laughed, we cried and we did our best Whip/Nae Nae a bajillion times. Oh - and we celebrated a very important 10th birthday!
But before we call it a wrap on the year in YouTube, let’s take a look at the videos Canadians shared, liked, parodied and talked about in 2015.
Top Trending Videos in Canada
The Top Trending Videos shot to the top of the “must-watch” list as Canadians shared, liked and watched again and again. YouTube is the white hot centre of pop culture, where fans, pranksters, tiny tots and scientists can share their voice and talent no matter where they are from or what their age or point of view.
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn by beautee132
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!! by RomanAtwood
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon - 4K by The Slow Mo Guys
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off) by The Dover Police
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain's Got Talent 2015 by BritainsGotTalent09
- Surprising Applications of the Magnus Effect by Veritasium
- Twins Come Out To Dad by Rhodes Bros
- What Colour Is This Dress? (SOLVED with SCIENCE) by AsapSCIENCE
- EPIC CATCH!!! Dashing Thru the Snow - CN Train 406 West at Salisbury, NB (Feb 3, 2015) by containerman2
- First Place - Blue Jays Pennant Race/Parody Song by Adam Jesin
- See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack by Wiz Khalifa
- Sugar by Maroon 5
- Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video) by Major Lazer
- Love Me Like You Do (Official Video) by Ellie Goulding
- Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar by Taylor Swift
- Hello by Adele
- Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video) by Sia
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official) by Silentó
- The Hills by The Weeknd
- What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial) by OfficialClashOfClans
- Great Plan (Official TV Commercial) by OfficialBoomBeach
- Always #LikeAGirl - Unstoppable by AlwaysBrand
- #BestBuds | 2015 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial “Lost Dog” by Budweiser
- Dove Men+Care shares your first fatherhood moments this Father’s Day by dovemencareus
- Reebok - Freak Show - Be More Human by Reebok
- Duracell Star Wars Commercial: Battle for Christmas Morning by OfficialDuracell
- “The Recital” by Quaker Canada
- #WhoWillYouHelp by ONgov
- Tim Hortons Drive Thru Rookies with Sid & Nate by TimHortons
- The Force Awakens Trailer (Official) by Star Wars
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Comic-Con Trailer by Warner Bros. Pictures
- Disney's Frozen Fever Trailer by Walt Disney Animation Studios
- New Avengers Trailer Arrives - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer 2 by Marvel Entertainment
- Ted 2 - Official Trailer by Universal Pictures
- Minions Official Trailer #2 (2015) - Despicable Me Prequel by Movieclips Trailers
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer by EAStarWars
- Fallout 4 - Official Trailer by Bethesda Softworks
- Way Too Wonderland Official Trailer by Ever After High
- Narcos - MyName - 15Sec - 1920x1080 - EN - POST by NewonNetflix
Top Trending Music Videos in Canada for 2015
It's a fact that music videos are the one of, if not the, most viewed and searched for online video content. 2015 saw artists turn to music videos to tell stories with longer narratives, revive the classic ‘dance’ video, and to show off their star-studded squad. 2015’s top 10 music videos were collectively played over 6.8 billion times from channels with 73+ million subscribers.
2015 Canadian Year-end YouTube Ads Leaderboard
Since YouTube launched skippable ads five years ago, ads have gone from something you fast forward to something you choose to watch. This year’s top trending ads demonstrate that brands are now developing ads that are meant to entertain and inspire, not just persuade.
Top Trending Trailer Videos in Canada for 2015
Before millions of people go to the movies, they turn to YouTube. When it comes to highly anticipated films, like the new Star Wars or latest Avengers installment, trailers have become more than just a fun way to hook audiences on the story, they have become an essential tool to engage a loyal fan base.
And that’s just what made it to the top of Canada’s list - you can check out which videos made the global list of top trending videos at www.youtube.ca/rewind.