To help app and mobile site developers learn what comprises a best-in-class mobile experience, we’re launching a new mobile design hub on Think with Google: Designing for Mobile Micro-Moments. The new hub features in-depth research on exactly what people expect from a mobile experience.
Learn what makes a best in class mobile experience
We partnered with AnswerLab to run user studies with more than 100 people, where we tested user's behavior on more than 100 different apps and mobile sites to uncover what led to a seamless experience and what design experiences were problematic or caused frustration to users. The results are two new sets of UX principles with specific recommendations to help you improve your mobile experience and drive conversions:
- 25 Principles of Mobile App Design: Engage Users and Drive Conversions
- 25 Principles of Mobile Retail Apps and Sites: Designing a Better Commerce Experience for Shoppers
Start building better mobile sites and apps today
After you’ve identified how to improve your mobile experience, you can find tools and resources to start making improvements. Here are just a few of the resources that are available on the hub:
- For mobile sites, consider using the latest technologies to create an Accelerated Mobile Page. This dramatically improves the performance of the mobile web and allows rich content to load instantaneously for a speedy, delightful experience.
- Research shows that the bounce rate can be as high as 58% for web pages that take nearly ten seconds to load.1 Check Pagespeed Insights to gauge your mobile site’s speed.
- Building a native app? Take advantage of Google API and Services to simplify development, grow and engage your user base, and earn money.
- Improve the look and feel of your mobile site and app with Material Design.
Learn MoreVisit the Designing for Mobile Micro-Moments hub on Think with Google to view the studies and get additional resources to start developing and marketing great mobile sites and apps.
1 Case study: Mobile pages that are 1 second faster experience up to 27% increase in conversion rate