It’s that time of year again!!! The deadline to apply for Google Community Grants is one month away. Google Canada is looking for innovative non-profits in Toronto, Montreal or Kitchener-Waterloo who are pushing the needle in the following areas:
- Delivering or promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or Computer Science (CS) Education for K-12 students, especially among underserved communities (at-risk youth, New Canadians, girls, Aboriginal communities and youth from low-socioeconomic households)
- Closing the digital divide by helping to improve access to technology to those who do not have regular access.
Through our Community Grants program we have had the opportunity to support a range of organizations such as Ladies Learning Code, Scientists in School and Pathways to Education.
Applications are due June 30th, 2016 and any registered Canadian charity is eligible to apply, so if your organization has a project or program underway in one of our focus areas please submit your application online through one of our three community programs depending on your location:
- Montreal Community Grant Application (FR)
- Toronto Community Grant Application
- Kitchener-Waterloo Community Grant Application
When Google evaluates proposals, we look at impact first. We’re looking for projects which are at the community level but have scale and sustainability. We don’t tend to fund applications for short-term employment positions or office overhead costs (rent, utilities, etc).
If you believe your organization fits these guidelines, please submit your proposal today using one of the links above.