In April we put out a call to Canadian startups for our inaugural Google Cloud Accelerator Canada program. The past year of the pandemic has demonstrated the importance of cloud technologies for businesses, governments, nonprofits and consumers, so we felt it was critical to dedicate an entire accelerator to startups that are leveraging the cloud to drive growth and innovation.
Today, we’re excited to announce the class of the first-ever Google Cloud Accelerator Canada. This 10-week virtual accelerator program will bring the best of Google's programs, products, people and technology to startups doing interesting work in the cloud. In addition to cloud mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition and leadership development for startup founders and leaders.
And with that, meet the 2021 Google Cloud Accelerator Canada class: We can’t wait to start working with these founders and startup teams to help drive growth and innovation in Canada’s cloud sector.
- Audette (Victoria, BC): Audette is accelerating the low-carbon revolution in commercial real estate. Their platform allows large portfolio asset managers to plan their net-zero transitions and access capital from impact investors to make it happen.
- BioBox (Toronto, ON): BioBox is a data analytics platform designed for clinicians and scientists working with genomic data. The BioBox platform aims to enhance collaboration, accelerate projects and support scientists & labs through a lifetime of research. The seamless integration between end-to-end tools and NGS data provides scientists with the ability to rapidly analyze and explore their research on demand.
- Caribou (Toronto, ON): Healthcare is the biggest expense in retirement, the number one reason for bankruptcy, and is currently the top financial concern for North Americans - and yet, financial advisors are not equipped to incorporate healthcare into their financial planning process. Caribou is a healthcare planning and navigation solution for financial advisors to differentiate themselves, build deeper client relationships and be better life planners.
- GeoMate (Waterloo, ON): Everyday, there are 17 pedestrians and 2 cyclists killed in crashes with vehicles, and over 120,000 people fall or slip on sidewalks. Studies show that most of these accidents occur due to infrastructure problems, including poor curb cuts, lack of visibility, obstacles, narrow walkways, steep slopes, and so on. That's where GeoMate comes in. GeoMate is a location intelligence platform that leverages AI to map the accessibility and safety of cities.
- Goose Insurance (Vancouver, BC): Goose Insurance is an Insurtech Challenger building a platform to solve consumer under-insurance. Through the Goose Insurance Super-App, consumers will be able to access up to 30 lines of insurance completely self-serve.
- loopt (Toronto, ON): loopt™ is an e-commerce platform that enables rental subscriptions for everyday items like fashion, furniture, toys, and more.
- nesto (Montreal, QC): nesto offers a positive, empowering and transparent home financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
- NURO (Waterloo, ON): NURO is the architect of the NUOS neurological platform allowing non-invasive communication and computing control by the brain.
- OpenHouse.ai (Calgary, AB): For homebuilders, OpenHouse.ai offers a scalable catalogue personalization platform that tailors the home buying experience to each unique individual. By leveraging AI-powered technology, the OpenHouse.ai platform predicts what home buyers need while providing powerful data to help home builders understand their unique market and their buyers; resulting in a 100% increase in online lead conversions and a 15% increase in sales velocity.
- Spoonity (Ottawa, ON): Loyalty programs are critical to securing the survival of restaurant businesses nowadays – be them small, midsize, or large. Spoonity offers high-quality end-to-end loyalty programs that integrate throughout the entire customer journey in order to create truly customizable loyalty experiences.
- UEAT (Québec City, QC): UEAT is a smart online ordering system. It allows restaurateurs to create highly relevant, personalized and non-intrusive online ordering experiences for their customers. UEAT’s online ordering system gives restaurateurs access to their customer data and deep analytics. These insights become the rock-solid foundation of any profitable restaurant’s marketing and operations.
- Vantage (Toronto, ON): Vantage helps retailers safely unlock their proprietary shopping data and better partner with brands on marketing. Most retailers only run analytics partnerships and collaborative marketing partnerships with a small percentage of their top brands. With Vantage, retailers can now safely unlock first party shopping data, analytics and marketing capabilities to the long tail of vendor brands to deliver personalized online ad and promotional experiences easily.