STEAMing Ahead in 2021 - A full day of online learning in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics for Grade 3-12
In collaboration with Google Canada, Cobblestone Collective celebrated all things STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) with a full day of virtual learning, giving students a window into new worlds and teachers a chance to co-teach with technology experts. We hosted 5,800+ classes across Canada who dove straight in and explored CS First, Applied Digital Skills, art, and more!
Google Canada strives to excite and educate students and their teachers in STEM as a catalyst for empowering the future. This full-day virtual student conference was created to support educators, students, and families after a difficult school year. More than this, it was a day of celebration and exploring various topics within STEAM to inspire creation and not just consumption of technology.
Powered by Google Canada with Canadian Googlers volunteering their time, classes chose from 20 or 45-minute co-taught sessions allowing students the space to problem-solve, think critically, and create, all while exploring how these skills come into play in the workplace. Sessions were in English with some offered in French. More than 30 Canadian Googlers joined the lessons throughout the day and shared their love for learning, coding and so much more.
All of the sessions are recorded, allowing accessibility across time-zones and class schedules. To date, there are 154K, and growing, views on the combined sessions.
STEAMing Ahead 2021 was on May 25th, 2021, and was full of learning for students, in Grade 3 to 12 classes, across Canada (and beyond). If you missed the learning day but would still like to explore the learning materials, we have a handy playlist of the recorded videos to use with your students and resources to support that learning below. Happy viewing and keep on learning!
- STEAMing Ahead Kick Off
- Code like a Googler with CS First - Grade 3-6
- Coder comme un googleur avec CS First - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Next Steps to Code like a Googler - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- What?! My Chromebook Can Do That?! - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Wage a Battle with Google Sheets - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- App-a-Palooza with Design Thinking - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- The Path to Becoming a Googler - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- Tour the Google Offices - Co-Taught Lesson
- Visitez le Bureaux Google - Co-Taught Lesson
- Ara the Star Engineer Read-Aloud - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Ask a Googler - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- Around the World in 45 Minutes - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Be Internet Awesome - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Productivity Hacks with your Chromebook - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- Art Design with Google Sheets - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- Digital Escape Room Challenge - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 3-6
- Découvrez une salle d'évasion avec des Formulaires Google - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- Digital Escape Rooms - The Next Level - Co-Taught Lesson - Grade 7-12
- STEAMing Ahead Closing