As a publisher you face many challenges. One of the broadest and most encompassing of these is growing your user base while making sure your content remains high-quality and policy compliant. Your feedback has helped us understand this challenge, and we’re always working to improve. A few weeks ago, we announced two new AdSense features: page-level enforcements and a new Policy center. Today, we’re excited to let you know that these features are available globally for all AdSense publishers.
Page-level enforcements for more granular policy actionsTo allow more precise enforcements, and provide you with feedback about policy issues as we identify them, we’re introducing page-level enforcements. A page-level enforcement affects individual pages where violations of the AdSense Program Policies are found. As a result, ad serving is restricted or disabled on those pages. Ads will continue to serve where no policy violations have been found, either at the page- or site-level.
When a new policy violation on one of your pages is identified, you’ll receive an email notification and ad serving will be restricted on that page. As this is a new feature, you may already have current page-level enforcements that were not surfaced through these email notifications. To make sure you’re not missing anything, head over to the new Policy center to review existing violations.
After you've addressed all policy violations on a page, you may request a review (previously known as an “appeal”). Reviews typically take one week but can sometimes take longer. We'll restore ad serving on the affected page or pages if a page is reviewed at your request and no policy violations are found. Alternatively, you can simply remove the AdSense ad code from that page and the page-level enforcement will disappear from the Policy center in about a week.
More transparency with the new AdSense Policy centerThe AdSense Policy center is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about policy actions that affect your sites and pages. You’ll be able to see:
- Non-compliant page(s) or site(s)
- Why a page or site is non-compliant
- Steps needed to make your page or site compliant
- Steps to request a review of the actioned page(s) or site(s)
Follow these steps to see your current page-level enforcements, and request a review of the actioned page(s):
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Settings, then click Policy center.
- In the "Page-level enforcements" section, find the site or sites that have page-level violations and click Show details.
- In the "Page" section, click the Down arrow to learn more about the enforcement, the violation(s) on the page, and how to fix them.
- Click Request review and tick the box after you’ve made sure the violations on the page are fixed.
Our beta participants provided a lot of great feedback and suggestions on how to make the AdSense Policy center as useful as possible. We’re constantly looking to improve the clarity with which we communicate our policies and policy enforcements, so let us know what you think through the ”Send feedback” link in the AdSense menu.