1) Matched content provides a more intelligent user experienceMatched content units allow publishers to suggest further content that might interest the reader, based on what they have looked at already. This means that someone on a sports site reading an article about football can have further football content suggested to them. This can result in an increase in pageviews and time spent on the site.
AdSense users who are eligible to use matched content units for ads have an additional advantage as they are able to synchronize their ads by topic also. This means that someone on a sports site reading an article about football can be shown native-styled ads most likely to appeal to football fans. This in turn can potentially increase ad engagement and quality clicks on the ads.
2) New programmatic deal structures redefine the spaceProgrammatic Direct is an innovative solution that bridges the gap between traditional ad sales and programmatic selling. It offers three flexible deal structures that bring the best of direct and programmatic together:
- Private Auctions: Negotiated minimum price. Invitation only auctions. Non-guaranteed volumes.
- Preferred Deals: Fixed price. One-to-one deals. Non-guaranteed volumes.
- Guaranteed Deals: Fixed price. One-to-one deals. Guaranteed volumes.
The technology combines the power of real-time bidding (RTB) infrastructure with access to brand safe, reserved publisher inventory. This shortens the time it takes to book and execute high quality reservations type deals.
Using this tool, you can lock in revenue through reservations, forecast against programmatic deals, and enjoy the ease of automated billing and collections. All that without the need to email tags, worry about creative controls, resolve discrepancies, or fax orders back and forth. Check out this story from Televisa and Unilever to see how it could work for your business.
3) Advanced inventory management tools allow greater flexibilityYou no longer have to make a choice between selling your inventory programmatically or direct. Modern ad management tools like DoubleClick for Publishers make it very easy to do both at the same time, with less coding and manual work. They also give you a clear picture of your inventory availability in real-time, so you are less likely to make conflicted bookings or leave inventory unsold.
See how German media company G&J doubled their programmatic revenue and increased their mobile revenue 10x with a smart implementation of Doubleclick for Publishers and Doubleclick AdExchange.
Or, if you’re already using DoubleClick for Publishers, watch this video from The Economist who integrated DoubleClick for Publishers with DoubleClick Bid Manager, surpassing all their revenue and growth goals for the campaign.
We want to help you get the right tools in place so you’re set up for success and potential ad earnings growth. To check whether your setup that suits your plans for your site/s, have a conversation with one of our experts. They can offer a personalized consultation to help you make smart choices for your business. Book a time to speak with an expert.