This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced new data from Gfk Retail and Technology confirming that Fitbit is among the top brands in the Health and Fitness Tracker category regarding sales in both volume and value share, across three key European markets.
Fitbit market share data from Gfk Retail and Technology for Q2 2015 includes:
- In the UK, Fitbit’s value share was 83%
- In France, Fitbit’s value share was 50%
- In Germany, Fitbit’s value share was 32%
- Fitbit’s year-on-year unit growth in Q2 2015 outpaced the Health and Fitness Tracker category growth over the same period
- In the UK the category grew by 321%, Fitbit grew by 531%
- In France the category grew by 155%, Fitbit grew by 282%
- In Germany the category grew by 46%, Fitbit grew by 342%
“We have seen exceptional growth over the past year and our continued focus on awareness and expansion across Europe has helped Fitbit become a top brand in the connected health and fitness category in this region.” said Gareth Jones, VP and General Manager, Fitbit EMEA. “At Fitbit, we know that a healthier, more active lifestyle is within everyone’s reach. By continuing to deliver advanced products and motivating user experiences, we help empower people to meet their health and fitness goals – and we believe this has global appeal.”
Since selling its first connected health and fitness device in September 2009, Fitbit has sold over 25 million connected health and fitness devices through the second quarter of 2015 , we are continuing to invest in growing our global footprint. Today, as a pioneer and leader in the market, Fitbit remains true to its mission to help people lead healthier, more active lives by providing them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. By combining the power of technology with insights, Fitbit offers a wide variety of connected health and fitness devices that help people at the everyday, active and performance fitness levels pursue their health objectives. Fitbit products also have broad mobile compatibility with computers and more than 200 Windows Phone, iOS and Android devices, plus integration with third-party apps that further extend its reach across the globe.
Fitbit at IFA 2015:
As well as exhibiting at IFA, Fitbit is pleased to announce the addition of two new vibrant colors – blue and tangerine – for Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge. The new colors will complement the existing colors of black and plum.
- Fitbit Charge HR Blue – shipping mid-September from Fitbit.com and at select retailers
- Fitbit Charge HR Tangerine – shipping mid-October from Fitbit.com and at select retailers
- Fitbit Surge Blue & Tangerine – shipping end of November from Fitbit.com and at select retailers
Visit us at the Fitbit IFA Booth # 120, Hall 7.2C to see the new colors for our Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge wristbands and explore the entire Fitbit line of health and fitness products.
For more information on Fitbit products and services, please visit www.fitbit.com.