This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the leader in the fast-growing Connected Health and Fitness category, today announced MobileTrack, a new feature of the latest free Fitbit app, which is the top downloaded app for connected fitness devices on the Apple iTunes store and the Google Play store. With just an iPhone 5s, users can track basic health and fitness activity with MobileTrack, including steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned, allowing more people to experience the power and accuracy of Fitbit.
“We know there are many ways consumers like to track their fitness and want to enable as many people as possible to get the benefits of Fitbit activity tracking – and now anyone with an iPhone 5s can also download and use the Fitbit app,” said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit.
MobileTrack and Fitbit App Top Benefits & Features:
- MobileTrack taps into the M7 coprocessor in the iPhone 5s, letting users track their daily activity and see their fitness trends right on their smartphone. Accurately tracks basic all-day activity, including steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned; also allows users to log food and weight
- Provides a way to set goals, see progress and use easy-to-read charts and graphs to view trends and get more active
- Lets users enjoy all of the in-app social and motivational features that Fitbit tracker customers are raving about, including friendly competition with friend-to-friend messaging and community leaderboards
- As the top downloaded app in its category, Fitbit has a large community, helping users stay motivated by sharing and competing with anyone that has the Fitbit app; members with more than one friend are 27-percent more active!
- Expands user base for current Fitbit users, allowing them to invite even more friends and family into their support group in the quest to reach their health and fitness goals
MobileTrack provides an introductory experience to fitness tracking. After experiencing the power of daily activity tracking with MobileTrack, take health and fitness to the next level with one of Fitbit’s award-winning activity trackers to get the 24/7 benefits of Fitbit activity and sleep-tracking when your phone is not on you.
Fitbit Tracker Benefits:
- Easy-to-wear 24/7: Fitbit products are designed to be comfortable and easy-to-wear all-day long, no matter what you’re doing so you can accurately track even when you’re not carrying your phone
- Longer battery life: Fitbit products last from 5 days to as long as 6 months, so you never miss a step even if your smart phone battery dies
- Sleep monitoring & silent wake alarm: Fitbit wristbands (and Fitbit One) track sleep quality, and can also serve as a silent wake alarm
- More types of activity tracking: In addition to daily activity (steps, distance traveled and calories burned), Fitbit devices provide tracking for floors climbed and active minutes with select devices
- Real-time motivation: Fitbit devices offer many ways to inspire and motivate users to keep moving, such as vibrating notifications when you’ve reached your goal, and instant access to your stats on comfortable, easy-to-wear Fitbit trackers with highly visible device displays
- Show commitment to fitness: Advanced, sophisticated designs allow you to show your commitment to fitness, and serve as a reminder of your goals, by incorporating it into your daily lifestyle
- Connect to more devices: Fitbit products sync wireless and automatically to a broad range of smartphones, tablets, and computers so your progress is always up-to-date
The latest Fitbit app with MobileTrack is now available for free download in the App Store, and will be coming soon for use with Android devices. Learn more about Fitbit products and services at www.fitbit.com.
Visit the Fitbit CES booth (LVCC, South Hall 2 – #26307) to hear more about MobileTrack and explore the entire Fitbit line of health and fitness products.