This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the leader in the connected health and fitness market, partnered with renowned design house TEN PIECES at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia to showcase the fashion label’s new collection, 10/31-10/40 + purl harbor x ten pieces. Focused on simplicity, sophistication and movement, TEN PIECES collaborated with Fitbit to make its collection come to life at this year’s show in a contemporary fashion film “10,000 Steps X TEN PIECES,” featuring the newly released Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Blaze.
Maurice Terzini and Lucy Hinkfuss, co-designers of TEN PIECES, shared: “Influenced by sportswear, our unisex approach for TEN PIECES is to create street-ready, interchangeable pieces for people who desire contemporary, yet comfortable clothing fitting for their busy lives. We collaborated with Fitbit to showcase our collection this year in an unforgettable 10,000 Steps X TEN PIECES film, a portrait of time and movement. The partnership with Fitbit was a perfect fit, as we both believe that being healthy and active is in vogue and we are inspired to provide people with versatile, fashionable options that keep them motivated to reach their health and fitness goals.”
The show was inspired by the fluid movements we create in life and in fitness, showcasing TEN PIECES’ clothing that give people freedom of movement while encouraging a healthy, active lifestyle – illustrated by pairing its chic designs with the latest popular activity trackers from Fitbit. Directed by Paola Morabito with creative direction by Mark Vassallo, the film expresses this theme through a combination of activities including running, walking and dance moves like jookin, krumping and parkour. With a backdrop of dramatic sand-dunes, five models and dancers move freely in TEN PIECES clothing while they track their activity on Fitbit devices and strive to achieve 10,000 steps.
Jaime Hardley, Senior Director of Marketing, Fitbit Asia Pacific, said: “At Fitbit, we are committed to promoting a culture of health and fitness across Australia, and around the globe. By working with TEN PIECES to highlight the functionality and versatility of Alta and Blaze, their fashion-forward collection and the 10,000 Steps X TEN PIECES film will show consumers new and compelling ways to mix and match styles to seamlessly incorporate fitness into their everyday life.”
Fitbit has announced partnerships with international fashion designers PUBLIC SCHOOL and Tory Burch to develop accessory bands for devices including Alta and Fitbit Flex, providing added choices for users to align their trackers with their personal style.
About Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Blaze
Launched in Australia earlier this year, Blaze and Alta are the latest additions to the Fitbit product family and shipped a million units each in the first month of global availability. A part of the Fitbit platform – consisting of devices, apps, social and motivational features, advice and personalized coaching – these devices help people make behavioral changes to be more active, exercise more, eat smarter, track their sleep and manage their weight.
Alta and Blaze are the company’s smartest, most stylish, most motivating fitness trackers yet:
- Alta is a slim, sleek fitness wristband that can be personalized to fit your personal style, while advanced health and fitness features make tracking workouts effortless and deliver positive motivation to keep you moving. In addition to automatically tracking your all-day activity, exercise and sleep, it’s equipped with Reminders to Move, nudging you to stay active throughout the day for better health, while providing visual feedback on your progress and keeping you connected with the smart notifications you need most on a vibrant, slender display.
- Blaze is designed with a focus on fitness. Blaze emphasizes next generation health and fitness features such as FitStar by Fitbit on-screen workouts, Connected GPS, Multi-sport mode, and PurePulse continuous, wrist-based heart rate. It is a smart fitness watch built to help you make the most of your workouts, with a versatile design to fit your personal style and the smart notifications that matter most – all in one sleek timepiece that fits seamlessly into your life.
Both devices feature a line of stylish interchangeable bands and frames in multiple popular colors and premium materials so you can find the right style for every occasion:
- Classic fitness bands are available for both trackers in black, blue and plum, along with a teal option for Alta.
- Luxe genuine leather bands are available in blush pink and graphite for Alta, and black, camel and mist grey paired with stainless steel display frames for Blaze.
- Luxe stainless steel link band with display frame is available now for Blaze.
Alta ($199.95 AUD) and Blaze ($329.95 AUD) are available in major Australian retailers, including Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks and Rebel Sport. For more information on Fitbit products and services, please visit www.fitbit.com.