This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the market leader in the Digital Health & Fitness category, unveiled two new trackers today, the Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker and the Fitbit One Activity + Sleep Tracker—reinventing the category once again. The first all-day digital health & fitness trackers to offer Bluetooth 4.0/Smart compatibility, Zip and One have been redesigned to fit more seamlessly into people’s everyday lives, making it easier than ever to count steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned, track your fitness trends, challenge and share with others, and earn fitness badges.
In addition to the two new trackers, Fitbit also released an updated iPhone app to allow these trackers to sync through Bluetooth Smart devices, like the iPhone 4S. The free Fitbit app, available on all iPhones and Android devices, now allows you to track activity charts and leaderboards and log food and other workouts on the go. Starting in October, your fitness stats will sync automatically to notify you when you are near or meet your daily goals and share your standings on fitness challenges in real time. Like earlier Fitbit trackers, Zip and One also wirelessly and automatically upload your information to any computer for deeper insight and more information.
“People are growing increasingly aware about how little we move and how we need to move more throughout the day,” said James Park, CEO and founder of Fitbit. “Fitbit is dedicated to helping people achieve health and fitness with products that are well designed, beautiful, easy, and fit seamlessly into their lives. To get people moving, we know that people want a tracker that will accurately inform and motivate them to move throughout the day. We are launching Zip and One to encourage our users to get fit—in their own way.”
Zip is offered in retail stores and at Fitbit.com for $59.95; One, which will replace the best-selling Ultra, will be available for sale later this fall at $99.95.
Add a Little “Zip” to Your Step
Available in five bright colors, Zip makes fitness fun for everyone and is priced to be the perfect gift for yourself or a fitness friend. Zip captures and provides your everyday activity stats in real time, including steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned, to encourage you to walk more and be more active, wherever you are. About the size of a quarter, Zip easily slips into your pocket for the day and comes with a small silicone clip that the Zip tracker snaps into and can be clipped snugly onto the inside or outside of your clothes.
Fitbit Zip features and benefits include:
- Tap for your stats – Zip’s unique and simple-to-use “tap interface” lets you see different stats right on the display simply by tapping on Zip, so you’ll know where you stand in your daily steps, distance and calories burned instantly and effortlessly.
- Color my world – five vibrant and diverse colors (Magenta, Lime, Blue, Charcoal and White) let you choose what fits your personality best.
- Oops-proof – Zip is splash-, rain- and sweat-proof, designed to handle a rainstorm or a sweaty run.
- Set it and forget it – no more forgetting to plug in and recharge the battery. Zip has a standard replaceable battery that lasts for up to 6 months.
- Easy to see in sunlight – Zip’s display allows for easy stat reading even in bright sun.
Tracking Day and Night. All in “One.”
The Fitbit One Wireless Activity + Sleep Tracker is the redesigned flagship product that encourages people to be more active and helps them learn how to sleep better—two keys to a healthy, active life. It tracks steps, distance, calories burned, even stairs climbed, and also monitors how long and how well you sleep. The Fitbit One also has a Silent Wake alarm that gently vibrates when worn on your wrist at night to wake you without waking your sleep partner.
Fitbit One features and benefits include:
- Less is more – a smaller, sleeker design to fit more comfortably in a pocket, bra or belt.
- Fashion forward – One’s deluxe design fits into any wardrobe with two color options: Black and Burgundy.
- Oops-proof – One is splash-, rain- and sweat-proof, so you can wear it with the confidence that it can handle a sweaty walk and wet weather.
- Easy to read – a brighter display for better reading in the day and at night.
- Extra, extra – contains a clock, and displays motivational messages to keep you moving.
- No alarm clock needed – One’s Silent Wake alarm will gently vibrate to wake you, and only you, when you schedule it from the online or mobile dashboard.
First All-Day Tracker to Sync Through Bluetooth Smart
Both Zip and One now can update your stats to a Bluetooth Smart Ready device, like iPhone 4S and iPad (third-generation), via the Fitbit app. While the Fitbit app works on all iPhones and Android smartphones, those using an iPhone 4S or iPad (third-generation) can update their stats on the go. Syncing via Bluetooth 4.0, this technology prevents significant phone battery drain and syncs automatically, without opening an app. By syncing to your phone, you can tap into social and motivating features on the Fitbit platform, like checking stats, earning badges and monitoring your leaderboard. Starting in October, you can also receive notifications on your phone to remind you how close you are to your goals and to help celebrate when you meet your daily goals.
Devices Tap Into Upgraded Social and Mobile Platform for More Social, Fun Fitness
Both devices tap into Fitbit’s free and improved social and motivational tools online on Fitbit.com and Fitbit’s free iPhone and Android apps. Not only can you track your fitness trends daily and historically and log food and other workouts, you can also connect with friends online with “cheer” and “taunt” messaging, and compete on a leaderboard that refreshes throughout the day. If you’re more self-motivated, you can earn badges for daily or lifetime achievements.
Fitbit continues to integrate with other popular apps, like Endomondo, LoseIt, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, LoseIt, Sparkpeople and more to allow users to keep using their favorites.