Google Play’s Indie Games Fund is back for 2023. It awards $2 million in equity-free funding and hands-on support to games studios based in Latin America, helping them continue to grow their businesses on Play.
Today, we’re unveiling the 10 studios and games that have been selected — ranging from medieval-time adventures to 90’s-style arcade games.
- 67 Bits, My Zombie World (Brazil)
- Actoon Studio, Wind Peaks (Brazil)
- Big Green Pillow, Slash Quest (Brazil)
- blu studios, Farm vs Aliens (Brazil)
- Creative Hand, Tiny Witch (Brazil)
- Mother Gaia, Legend of the Skyfish 2 (Brazil)
- Ogre Pixel, Lonesome Village (Mexico)
- Pincer Games, Fighters of Fate: Card Duel (Uruguay)
- Purple Tree, Golazo! (Argentina)
- Rockhead Studios, Starlit Kart Racing (Brazil)
Each studio shared more about what this funding means to them and to the gaming industry:
Google Play offers many programs to help small studios reach their full potential. That includes the Indie Games Accelerator, a global training and mentorship program for small studios from more than 75 countries. Applications for the 2024 Accelerator are open now through December 12.