Google Play’s Indie Games Fund selects 10 Latin American studios
Earlier this year, we introduced Google Play’s Indie Games Fund to support small games studios based in Latin America, one of the fastest-growing markets in gaming. The Fund provides selected studios with $2 million in cash awards — without giving up equity in return — plus hands-on support to help them build and grow their businesses.
Today, we’re announcing the 10 indie studios (and their games) that have been selected.
- AgonaleaGames, Beat Arena (Argentina)
- Aoca Game Lab, ARIDA: Backland’s Awakening (Brazil)
- Asantee Games, Magic Rampage (Brazil)
- AVIX, Hidden Lands (Argentina)
- Boomware Studio, Cafe Panic (Peru)
- Cafundo E Criativo, Tetragon (Brazil)
- Glitch Factory, No Place for Bravery (Brazil)
- Orube Game Studio, Super Mombo Quest (Brazil)
- Selva Interactive, Illuminaria (Guatemala)
- Somber Pixel, Night Reverie (Peru)
Each studio shared more about what this funding means to them and to the gaming industry overall:
The Indie Games Fund is one of many programs Google Play offers to help small studios — and those in growing markets like Latin America — reach their full potential. For example, 29 Latin American studios have participated in the Indie Games Accelerator, a global program offering training and mentorship.
For more updates about all our programs, resources and tools for indie game developers, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.