Earlier this year, we introduced Google Play’s Indie Games Fund to support small games studios based in Latin America, one of the fastest-growing markets in gaming. The Fund provides selected studios with $2 million in cash awards — without giving up equity in return — plus hands-on support to help them build and grow their businesses.
Today, we’re announcing the 10 indie studios (and their games) that have been selected.
- AgonaleaGames, Beat Arena (Argentina)
- Aoca Game Lab, ARIDA: Backland’s Awakening (Brazil)
- Asantee Games, Magic Rampage (Brazil)
- AVIX, Hidden Lands (Argentina)
- Boomware Studio, Cafe Panic (Peru)
- Cafundo E Criativo, Tetragon (Brazil)
- Glitch Factory, No Place for Bravery (Brazil)
- Orube Game Studio, Super Mombo Quest (Brazil)
- Selva Interactive, Illuminaria (Guatemala)
- Somber Pixel, Night Reverie (Peru)
Each studio shared more about what this funding means to them and to the gaming industry overall:
The Indie Games Fund is one of many programs Google Play offers to help small studios — and those in growing markets like Latin America — reach their full potential. For example, 29 Latin American studios have participated in the Indie Games Accelerator, a global program offering training and mentorship.