Google Registry has launched some of the most popular (and secure) top-level domains, such as .app and .dev. Today, we’re adding eight new extensions to the internet: .dad, .phd, .prof, .esq, .foo, .zip, .mov and .nexus. Read on to learn who’s already using these domains.
Knock, knock. Who’s there? With Father’s Day right around the corner, .dad is here for the jokes, the games and the advice. Whether you’re a fit.dad, a gay.dad or a dude.dad, .dad is the place to celebrate fatherhood. Check out these interesting .dad websites:
- Classic.dad: Play this fun 8-bit game where your goal is to successfully mow the lawn while dodging pets and obstacles, and preventing weeds from spreading.
- Dear.dad: Check out this media platform dedicated to telling stories of Black fathers.
- Daily.dad: Daily.dad is a new book from Ryan Holiday that provides 366 accessible meditations on parenthood, a manageable slice for each day.
May means graduation season for many in higher education. We’re celebrating graduates and the professors who taught them well by launching .prof, .phd, and .esq. Whether sharing legal advice for everyday life or teaching courses on behavioral science, these new domains are perfect for showing off your credentials. Hats off to these early adopters:
- Erika.esq: Erika Kullberg is an attorney and money expert who is passionate about better positioning people for success.
- Casey.prof: Professor Casey Fiesler is a technology ethics educator and science communicator.
- Rafael.phd: Rafael Misoczki is an expert in post-quantum cryptography, fully homomorphic encryption, privacy enhancing technologies, and the application of these constructions.
May is also the month of Google I/O, our annual developer conference. Whether you’re learning to code, deploying a helpful tool, building your portfolio, or starting a new community, .foo, .zip, .mov and .nexus have you covered. Here are some examples from our developer community:
- gamers.nexus: Use gamers.nexus to review computer hardware and plan your next gaming PC.
- helloworld.foo: Learn how to code “hello world” in each programming language.
- url.zip: Create short, powerful and trackable links with url.zip
- david.mov: Watch videos by David Imel in this liminal space.
Starting today, you can register all of these new extensions as part of our Early Access Program for an additional one-time fee. This fee decreases according to a daily schedule through the end of May 10. On May 10 at 16:00 UTC, all of these domains will be publicly available at a base annual price through your registrar of choice. To make it super easy for anyone to get their website live, we’ve worked with Google Sites to launch new templates for graduates, professors and parents.