The serial home renovator. The gaming wiz. The health nut. The beauty buff. On average, Americans shop for more than seven people every holiday season, and nearly a third shop for more than 10 people1. No matter who or how many loved ones are on your list, we’re here to help you find the perfect gift.
People shop with Google more than 1 billion times per day. So we’ve put together the Holiday 100 — 100 gift ideas and insights based on trending searches from 2022. You’ll find gift inspiration across categories like Home and Garden, Apparel and Accessories, Beauty, Gaming and Electronics, Health and Fitness, and Toys and Crafts.
The Holiday100 features 100 trending gift ideas
Here’s a peek at some of this year’s trends:
- A game for all generations? We saw a 500% increase in shopping searches for pickleball this year. Pickleball paddles made this year’s list, with Paddletek Phoenix G6 Pickleball Paddle as a popular option — available from 10+ stores on Google.
- Start your own slice joint: People searched for home pizza ovens 80% more this year. Ooni’s Fyra Pellet Burning Pizza Oven is among the trending options, available from 25+ stores on Google.
- Go for the gold, silver and bronze: Health tracker jewelry is trending, with a 200% search interest increase in 2022. Oura’s Smart Ring Gen3 is a popular choice this year.
- A toy to hang onto: Searches for weighted stuffed animals reached a 10-year high this year. Check out Pillowfort’s Weighted Plush Dinosaur, which has more than 400 five-star reviews on Google.
- All that glitters is good: Search interest in glitter hair spray grew 400% in 2022. Eva NYC’s Kweeen Glitter Spray has more than 1,200 five-star reviews.
Half of shoppers use words like “stressful,” (54%) "exhausting," (52%) and “overwhelming” (48%) to describe their feelings about holiday shopping1. We get it. To ease those gift-giving anxieties, we’ve brought some of Google’s most helpful shopping features to the Holiday 100 site. Once you’ve found something you like on the list, just narrow down your search using filters like price range, on sale, material, color or near you.