Celebrating the year on YouTube: The top trending videos of 2015
2015 was kind of a big year for YouTube. Along with a year-long celebration of YouTube’s 10th birthday, YouTube creators and their fans introduced the planet to the latest dance crazes, opened up discussions about diversity and inclusion, and lip-synced in cars and onstage in front of the whole, wide world.
Now it's time to look at the videos it seems like the whole world has seen: the top trending videos of 2015. From late-night hosts to Slow Mo Guys, Super Bowl ads to cops doing covers, these are the videos and creators we collectively watched, danced, and sang along to for more than 25 million hours this year.
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn by Tianne King
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial) by Clash of Clans
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!! by RomanAtwood
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council by Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke by The Late Late Show with James Corden
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon - 4K - The Slow Mo Guys by The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain's Got Talent 2015 by Britain's Got Talent
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off) by Dover Police
- Mean Tweets - President Obama Edition by Jimmy Kimmel Live
We got together 150+ YouTube creators from all over the world for the 2015 installment of YouTube’s annual Rewind video, featuring everything from dance prodigies, to TV personalities, to an epic plastic ball fight.
Like what you see? If trending videos and creators are your thing (and you want to see them before next year’s annual round-up), check out the new YouTube Trending tab. You’ll get the videos that are taking off delivered directly to your Android, iOS, and desktop device—the best way to catch the videos, creators, and trends the world is talking about.