From “Hi” to Fi to “Goodbye” to invites: 7 things we’ve learned about Project Fi
With Project Fi, we deliver fast wireless service with the flexibility to use it where you want (even internationally) and a monthly bill that’s simple and easy to understand. Over the past 10 months, we’ve learned a lot about how people use Project Fi and wanted to share a few of these insights with you!
1) Project Fi customers love to travel
2) There’s lots of high quality public Wi-Fi
3) People like data on their data
4) Connectivity isn’t just for phonesWe launched data-only SIMs in December to help Project Fi subscribers connect to data from devices other than their phones with no additional fees or restrictions. Since then, we’ve seen SIMs used everywhere from tablets to cars. While we’re just starting to experiment here, one thing is already clear: people want access to data on more devices.
5) Project Fi customers like getting support from a real person
6) Project Fi customers are creative
7) We all want to skip the lineWe launched Project Fi as an invitation-only Early Access program to make sure we could deliver the best quality of service to our first customers. Today, we’re excited to be exiting our invitation-only mode and opening up Project Fi so that people across the U.S. can now sign up for service without having to wait in-line for an invite.
We’d like to say "thank you" to all our Project Fi customers for providing insights and feedback over the past 10 months. While Project Fi is still in its early stages, we’re excited to welcome our next wave of customers and look forward to growing and improving together.
P.S. To help make saying “Hi” to Project Fi a little easier, we’ll be offering the Nexus 5X starting at $199 for the next month when you buy and activate through Project Fi.