This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced new software features to Fitbit Blaze, including extended smartphone notifications, Reminders to Move and new clock faces that provide an even smarter, more motivating and more personalized fitness experience. Fitbit also unveiled new, stylish designs, including a Special Edition Gold series plus other premium textures and finishes, for its top-selling Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Blaze devices, and accessory options from leading fashion brands PUBLIC SCHOOL, Simply Vera Vera Wang for Kohl’s and Tory Burch.
Since the devices launched earlier this year, Alta and Blaze have risen to be top-selling products in their categories according to NPD Group. For the second quarter of 2016, Blaze was the #1 selling fitness watch in the U.S., while Alta was the #2 selling fitness tracker and wearable in the U.S., after Fitbit Charge HR. In addition, Alta and Blaze have achieved strong rankings and have a 4-star or better rating on Amazon in the U.S.
“Creating Fitbit products consumers love and find indispensable is as much about advancing the innovative features and performance of the product as it is about designing how well it fits into wardrobes, lifestyles and moods,” said Tim Rosa, VP of Global Marketing. “The latest software update to Blaze provides consumers with more motivating features, plus added personalization so they can stay connected with smart features that matter most to them. Combined with our new premium designs for both Alta and Blaze, we are continuing to build on the popularity of our products with more style choices and features that provide more usefulness than ever before so that consumers can wear them day and night.”
The Smart Fitness Watch Gets Smarter, More Motivating
Fitbit is delivering new features in September to all Blaze users through a free software update that will enhance your fitness experience by helping you stay more active, keep you more connected to what matters most, and give you new ways to personalize your tracker.
- Reminders to Move help you stay active and reduce stationary time. Now available on display with real-time progress tracking, the friendly messages and vibrational prompts can be personalized to your schedule to help motivate you to meet a mini-step goal of 250 steps each hour (approximately 2-3 minutes of walking), and will congratulate you when you achieve the goal.
- Extended Smart Notifications help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Now, notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and a vibrating alert, including notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more; plus, you have the option to customize which notifications you receive.
- New Clock Faces give you more ways to change the look of your tracker with five new clock faces, bringing the total to nine that you can choose from to further personalize your Blaze.
Special Edition Gold Series – More Versatility to Fit Your Style
Fitbit is expanding its Alta and Blaze product lines with its highly-anticipated Special Edition Gold Series, featuring luxury 22-karat gold-plated materials for an elevated, elegant look. New premium leather bands and contemporary leisure nylon bands will also be available for Blaze.
- Alta Special Edition Gold Series ($149.95) – features a hand-polished shiny tracker available with a black or pink classic fitness band. Then, transform your tracker into statement jewelry with the new Alta Luxe Metal Bangle in shiny gold-plated stainless steel ($129.95).
- Alta Luxe Metal Bangle in hand-polished silver stainless steel ($99.95) is also available to pair with your silver Alta tracker, creating a chic piece of jewelry.
- Blaze Special Edition Gold Series ($229.95) – includes a premium gold satin-finished stainless steel frame with a slim pink tapered fitness band for those seeking a thinner profile. Or, pair any Blaze device with just the individual gold frame and tapered, slim black or pink accessory fitness band ($99.95).
- Additional Blaze accessories include a new slim, premium camel leather band with a silver stainless steel frame ($99.95), as well as a new leisure collection of nylon bands in khaki and olive ($39.95, frame not included).
New Designer Collection Accessories
Fitbit continues to embrace strategic partnerships with leading fashion designers and brands that allow you to express your personal style while leading a healthy and active life – without having to choose between your fitness and your style:
- Debuted at New York Fashion Week in February, the PUBLIC SCHOOL for Fitbit collection blends aspirational runway fashion with edgy, urban street-style in approachable luxury pieces. Accessories for Alta include:
- Axis Accessory Band ($295): A hand-polished, stainless steel tapered link watchband inspired by speed, power and motion offers an untraditional take on a classic timepiece.
- Type III Paracord Bracelet ($175): Braided, black nylon bracelet features custom gunmetal hardware for a military-inspired accessory blending athletic and rugged aesthetics.
- WNL Print Band ($39.95): A sleek monotone black band embossed with PUBLIC SCHOOL’s inspirational brand mantra “When Nobody’s Looking” to keep motivation one look away.
- Quill Print Band ($39.95): Featuring PUBLIC SCHOOL’s iconic feather print in olive for a bold, yet low-key look perfect for a workout or a night out.
- The highly-anticipated PUBLIC SCHOOL premium designs will be available in October for pre-order at Fitbit.com and in November at select retailers, with printed bands available in 2017.
- New to the Fitbit line-up, the Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta collection is inspired by Vera Wang’s signature design philosophy to create classic everyday accessories balancing modern design with sophisticated elegance. Available in October exclusively at Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com, the collection includes:
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Metal Bracelet ($79.99): Silver-tone metal links with a fold-over clasp offers a casual, classic chain link style bracelet option for versatile wear.
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Double Wrap Leather Bracelet ($79.99): Featuring smooth, black or navy genuine leather with silver stone pyramid flanking the tracker and a buckle closure, this style is lightweight for everyday wear.
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Double Wrap Leather & Metal Bracelet ($79.99): Incorporating silver-tone metal links and smooth, black or navy genuine leather with a buckle closure, this double wrap bracelet is both feminine and edgy.