This post was originally published on the Fitbit press site. It has been adapted from its original format.
Fitbit, the leading global wearables brand, today announced it is launching in Vietnam, with the availability of its line of top-selling smartwatches and activity and sleep-tracking products. Fitbit’s vision is to make the world healthier with a platform that empowers people with information, a fun and engaging experience, and insights and guidance for users to get the most out of their devices and help them reach their health and fitness goals. To date the company has sold more than 78 million devices globally with more than 25 million active device users and has one of the world’s largest health and fitness databases and social networks.
Helping people in Vietnam be healthier, more active
People in Vietnam are increasingly focused on health and fitness and are turning to technology to help them reach their goals as a result of multiple factors, including changing consumer lifestyles and demographics. According to the World Health Organization, stroke, heart disease and diabetes are the top health issues facing Vietnam. While increased physical activity helps to reduce the risk of these chronic diseases, WHO found that Cardiovascular diseases and diabetes together are one of the major causes of unnatural deaths in Vietnam.
“With a growing focus on personal health, fitness and overall wellbeing across the country, and the strong demand for mobile devices and technology in the market, Fitbit is thrilled to provide consumers in Vietnam with our range of health and fitness devices at affordable prices across all major mobile platforms, helping everyone find the right fit for their lifestyle and goals,” said Steve Morley, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific, Fitbit. “The wearables category has the potential to help people achieve better health outcomes, which is our singular focus at Fitbit. Underscoring all of this is our ongoing commitment to deliver the most engaging experience possible to support our users on their health and fitness journeys.”
As Fitbit launches in Vietnam, users can now buy the new Fitbit Versa, a modern, intuitive smartwatch at an approachable price. As Fitbit’s lightest metal smartwatch, it offers a comfortable design and a new dashboard that simplifies how you access your health and fitness data. Advanced health and fitness features like 24/7 heart rate tracking, onscreen workouts, and automatic sleep stages tracking meet smart features like quick replies on Android, wallet-free payments, and on-device music – all with up to 4 days of battery life. Versa is available at major retailers for VND 5,499,000
Fitbit Versa: Your all-day health, wellness and fitness companion
Powered by Fitbit OS 2.0, Versa makes your daily and weekly health and fitness data even more accessible on the go with a redesigned dashboard, which delivers action-oriented motivational messages, tips and tricks, and support to help you stay on track to reach your goals. Advanced health and fitness features include personalized on-device workouts with Fitbit Coach, enhanced 24/7 PurePulse heart rate tracking, 15+ exercise modes plus automatic SmartTrack swim tracking with water resistance up to 50 meters, and automatic sleep stages tracking.
Essential smart features that help you simplify your life
In addition to new quick replies for Android users, Versa has the smart features you need including: app, calendar, call and text smartphone notifications; access to Fitbit’s growing App Gallery, now with more than 700 popular brand, developer and experimental Fitbit Labs apps, and customizable clock faces; wallet-free payments via Fitbit Pay, supported by more than 60 banks and card issuers in 15 countries; and on-device music for more motivation with access to Deezer, and personal music playlists. All of these features come with up to 4 days of battery life, and, like all Fitbit devices, Versa is compatible across Android, iOS and Windows devices.
Lightweight and modern design for everyday life
Versa is also comfortable, durable and versatile enough for all-day and night wear. The rounded square silhouette display features a bright, colorful touch screen and brightness up to 1,000 nits, providing the ideal format to see all of your data on your wrist. Versa is available in multiple stylish color combinations: peach band with a rose gold aluminum case, gray band with a silver aluminum case, and black band with a black aluminum case. With a range of classic, leather and metal accessories, Versa has a variety of stylish accessories so you can change your look based on your outfit or activity.
Music on your device
Listen to phone-free music anywhere using Bluetooth headphones, including 300+ songs from your personal music collection and now your own or curated playlists as well as Flow from Deezer.
Optimize your health, fitness and family planning with female health tracking
Fitbit also introduced female health tracking to help women understand how their menstrual cycle connects to their overall health. Female health tracking lets you easily log your menstrual cycle, record symptoms, compare your previous cycles, view when your period and estimated fertile window are expected, and see all of your health and fitness stats in the Fitbit app, empowering you with the right tools to help optimize your health and be more informed about your menstrual cycle. Tracking your cycle will help you be more informed about your health and life planning, and, as needed, can help you show your doctor specific details for more personalized care. By viewing all of your holistic data in one place, you’ll be able see connections between your cycle and other stats in the Fitbit app to better manage your activity and sleep needs during certain times in the month. Female health tracking is available now for all Fitbit app users and in the on-device dashboard for Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users.
Diverse product family to reach any health and fitness goal
Fitbit understands there is no “one size fits all” option in fitness, as consumers have a wide-range of needs and preferences – from those interested in improving their health through everyday activities like walking to work, to more active consumers looking to maximize their fitness. Fitbit Versa joins Fitbit’s award-winning line of devices, including Fitbit Ionic smartwatch, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Alta HR and Fitbit Flex 2 – all of which are now available in Vietnam.
As part of the Fitbit platform, these health and fitness devices are combined with software and services to help users reach their goals, including an online dashboard and mobile apps, data analytics, motivational and social tools, personalized insights, and virtual coaching through customized fitness plans and interactive workouts. The platform helps people become more active, exercise more, sleep better, eat smarter, and manage their weight.
Fitbit Pricing & Availability
The Fitbit product family is available now through major national retailers including Techzones, Gió Biển, and MaiNguyen Luxury
- Fitbit Ionic: A motivating smartwatch packed with personalized fitness guidance, industry-leading GPS, swim tracking, health insights, music storage, contactless payments, apps and more, all with up to 5 days battery life[. It is available at a retail price of VND 7,399,000
- Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition: smartwatch is designed to provide a unique coaching experience for runners and athletes of all levels who want to help improve their performance. It is available at a retail price of VND 7,999,000
- Fitbit Versa: A modern, full-featured and competitively priced smartwatch that helps empower you to take action, make the most of every moment, stay connected and reach your goals – all with up to 4 days of battery life. It is available at a retail price of VND 5,499,000 and the special edition will be priced at VND 6,299,000
- Fitbit Charge 2: A fitness wristband built with 24/7 heart rate tracking, multi-sport modes, guided breathing sessions and interchangeable bands so you can easily go from a workout to a night out. It is available at a retail price of VND 3,799,000 and the special edition will be priced at VND 4,399,000
- Fitbit Alta HR: Our slimmest fitness wristband with continuous, 24/7 heart rate tracking, designed to help you make more informed decisions about your health and stay motivated to reach your goals in style. It is available at a retail price of VND 3,799,000 and the special edition will be priced at VND 4,399,000
- Fitbit Flex 2: Track activity and sleep and get notifications with this ultra-slim swim-proof wristband with a removable tracker that fits in band, bangle and pendant accessories. Flex 2 will be available at a retail price of VND 1,799,000
- Fitbit Ace: The company’s first activity tracker for kids will be available at the end of Q2 2018 at a retail price of VND 2,299,000