Get ready to experience an all-new, personalized and customizable Fitbit app coming later this fall. The new app is designed to give you a holistic view of your health and wellness with a focus on metrics that matter most to you. Today, we’re inviting select Fitbit users to try out the app in a limited beta and share their feedback before the app becomes available to everyone this fall. 1
Here’s a look at what you can expect with the new Fitbit app.
A simplified app featuring three new tabs
The updated Fitbit app brings key information front and center with a new three-tab structure. You can easily check in on your daily goals and metrics, discover inspiration and guidance, and get personal details on your achievements and progress.
- Today: In the refreshed ‘Today’ tab, you’ll see your top stats at a glance. Easily customize which metrics you’ll view based on your personal goals — whether it’s to be more active, sleep better or manage your stress. Better visualize your progress over the past day, month or year with more consistent charts, graphics and icons that show your health trends.
The ‘Today’ tab makes it easy to check goals, metrics and motivation, all in one place.
- Coach: Head to the new ‘Coach’ tab to find motivating health and fitness content. Here you can browse through a curated list of workouts and mindfulness sessions. Plus, your Fitbit Premium subscription2 unlocks even more content, like HIIT and dance cardio classes. Whether you’re looking to stay fit, eat healthier or sleep better, you’ll be able to more easily find the content you’re looking for with new filters. For example, filter workouts based on how much time you have and what equipment you want to use to find the perfect session.
The ‘Coach’ tab is your go-to for inspiration and guidance, or if you feel like trying something new.
- You: On the new ‘You’ tab, you can adjust personal details and goals, manage community connections and track achievements with redesigned badges. Navigate here to reflect on your progress, access assessments and reports, and connect with the people who matter to you most.
The ‘You’ tab is a place to see personal details, like goals and achievements and social connections.
A user experience that’s simple to navigate, easy to use and secure
The new app includes updates based on user feedback, making it simple to navigate, easy to use and more personalized. And the updated design reflects the energetic feel of Fitbit, along with a modern look and feel based on Google Material Design standards.
- A visual refresh: The all-new design includes a refined color palette, and refreshed photography and illustrations that showcase the people who use Fitbit products every day. Plus, updated icons help you quickly find your favorite activity, and new consistent charts better highlight your health and wellness trends.
- Easier ways to track your health: It’s now easier to log information like steps, exercise and water intake on your phone so you can track your goals even without a Fitbit device. And if you are tracking a walk, run or hike on your phone, we’ve updated the experience to give you a more accurate step count and the ability to quickly see relevant information — including a live view of your route on the map.
- Secure and private data settings: Backed by Google’s industry-leading privacy and security, the app delivers an easy-to-understand privacy experience that features unified controls to manage your Fitbit data and permissions. And your Fitbit health and wellness data won't be used for Google ads and will be kept separate from Google ads data.
The redesigned Fitbit app pushes us toward our vision of helping make everyone in the world healthier, and we’ll continue to update it with user feedback from this beta. Over time, we’ll keep enhancing the Fitbit platform and app through ongoing updates that support new experiences, devices and data.